Thursday, June 29, 2006

The rearview mirror...

(Variations posted on new site and Myspace blog)

A different type of posting tonight, a bit more introspective...

Turns out that I NEEDED to censor things a bit with my writing, or at least stay away from free flowing thoughts with the potential to insult my dear friends and family members. Yet...sometimes unadulterated thought does come out about loved ones.

Sometimes I convey my mind quickly, without thinking for one second someone will take umbrage or that it was meant as such. A blog is usually a stream of conscious thought, usually a form of expression, sometimes it's about something, sometimes it's about someone...but the point is that it's not supposed to be out there to hurt others, but an outlet for expressing one's thoughts, feelings and sometimes rants. (Not that all of the blogs out there informative, are that benevolent or do/don't have a message to get out there.) The content of my blog is a compilation and recording of my personal thoughts and opinions. If you are in my life (and have managed to track down this blog by your own ways) I probably have mentioned you, or have written about you, if you have affected my life in some way. If you've ever wanted to read my thoughts and narratives, then read it, but just like most people, you probably don't want to hear anything but bread and roses. Sometimes thoughts and opinions aren't expressed as positively as one would want to (or hope to) hear. Most would read these opinions and write something like that off...those that find it intriguing ask for more and respond in positive or negative fashion (It's the way blogging works), but those that identify with , or are hurt by it, may actually think that that opinion might have some validity and when one gets offended, or even get belligerent, you fuel that fire within yourself and give validity to that expression or opinion.

(...blogs should remain anonymous and mine will go back to being such...)

One post in question is actually very unfortunate. Unfortunate for several reasons... one of which was that my blog was never intended for immediate family consumption. Unfortunate, because I offended a family member in a post from 7 months ago that they just recently read. I have an extreme affinity for this person and am saddened that they probably think I wrote it truly believing that they were like this, when in actuality, it was a poor choice of words to describe a positive attribute. Per request, this person (and that person's significant other) will be absent from my frivolities, stories, observation, narratives, ranting, ravings and pictures (out of respect for their wishes.) At the same time I can't help but be amazed by the response and backlash. This seemingly lack of foresight left me wondering why I should be so sorry for putting my uncensored thoughts out there about my life and those in it. The reality of the situation is that it really was a mistake and I'm sorry that this person may think I was being disrespectful.

To iterate, I haven't specifically written this in response to just the incident above, although it did fuel this post. I wrote this to dispel the belief that the almighty blog has some form of power or is out there to take over the world. It goes back to what your parents told you when you were growing up, "You don't have to like what I have to say, but you are entitled to your own opinion."

(New content and contributors are now on board, and yes, this has brought back my muse, inspiration and need to have an outlet once again)

Thanks for the comments and emails,

-UR

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I've read and re-read quite a few of your articles and postings and you have nothing but good things to say about your family and "most" of you friends. I'd say you are pretty vanilla in comparison to most of the blogs out there and candor aside, you must have some overly sensitive people that read your websight. Looking forward to seeing the new sight and seeing if you have anything to say again. miss the old stuff from last year!!!

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and, are you going to post your old archives from your arlington days? I liked the moving to the city articles.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misty, are you fat?

7:48 PM  
Blogger USB said...

Gotta love site tracker!...at 10:48 PM, From Birmingham Alabama, From an "undisclosed address" that may or may have not been a recognizable email IP address from road runner broadband (Yes, I actually track this stuff) A lovely comment was posted degrading someone that posted a comment to my blog. How old are you? and...are you really this immature? My apologies are out there for everyone to see, are you really that myopic?

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny. Who would actually ask someone if they are fat to insult them? Oh, yea, someone that's probably insecure and bitchy.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home